Saturday 21 March 2009

Pits and Pavements

Part Two of what I’ve been up to in a nutshell …..

Barton
A great Triumph! The Highways Department, having been out to walk the village with the Parish Clerk and myself, have agreed that the High Street is in a truly terrible state – so they are putting in a capital bid for the complete resurfacing of the pavements and sorting out the sorry state of dropped curbs. It has been neglected for many years now so I feel very pleased to see it finally getting some TLC.

In addition I’m working closely with Robin Paige and others to see if we can prevent the demolition of Barton Bridge – one of only 4 such bridges left in the County.

Coton.
I’ve amassed a lot of data from all the letters, phone calls and emails I’ve had about the Broadband Problems. These have now been set out officially in a letter to BT and hopefully we’ll have a response soon.

Grantchester
I’m working hard to find a solution to the closure of the Post Office for those residents who are not able to access facilities elsewhere and the saga of the Interactive Speed Sign may be nearing a successful completion. I don’t want to tempt fate but hope to have a positive update on this VERY soon.

Last, but by no means least is:
Madingley
where I’m keeping a keen eye on proposals for Clay extraction “borrow pits” – required for the A14 improvements. I’ve been to several meetings about this both at a Parish Council and County level and will be following and reporting back on developments as they unfold.

No comments: