Monday 9 March 2009

09 March 09

I am absolutely shattered today and not sure if it is more my poor voice that is tired from talking to people all weekend, or my wrist which has just recovered from RSI and spent 45 minutes clapping Nick Clegg’s fantastic speech. I crawled in to bed at 9pm last night and slept the soundest I have in a long time!

My highlight of the weekend, other than Nick’s closing speech? Seeing Vince Cable speak in person on both the economy and, rather surprisingly, education! He is a wonderfully informed man and it’s hard to put your finger on exactly what it is that makes him stand out so much. He is a very quiet and understated man, but has that rare attribute that cannot be taught; presence.

So with my first conference over I’ve cracked my election flat shoes out of the wardrobe and I’m out on the pavements again.

Starting tomorrow I’m going to start blogging what I’ve achieved in the three months since I was elected, and what I plan to be doing over the next three until the election on June 4th. Someone asked me at the weekend why I hadn’t got the parking in Cambridge Road, Hardwick, sorted yet. The short answer is that the problem has existed for over 20 years and I have not been able to get it changed in two months – Rome wasn’t built in a day as they say. But it is in hand and on a planned list of work to be done. The proviso, as always, is budget permitting.

No comments: