Monday 20 October 2008

Day Ten - Rubbish thought!

Looking at the people following my Blog has introduced me to a really eye opening Blog: http://zerowastechallenge.blogspot.com/ thank you to Amanda Taylor for bringing my attention to it.

As my children will confirm I have driven them mad from an early age with my determination to recycle as much as I can. Until the recent collection of plastic bottles with our green bin and box every fortnight I have also exposed them (and any one else within earshot) to my rant about Supermarkets not taking back plastic milk bottles. Having lived on the continent for many years, where recycling is a natural part of life, I’m glad to see that we are improving in Cambridgeshire but we still have a long way to go. My very patient boyfriend will testify to my habit of fishing things out of the bin after he has thrown them away!

If you have time please take a quick peak at the Cambridge Zero Waste Challenge. Most of us will not be able to achieve as much as they have – but any improvement helps. I too rip the plastic window out of envelopes – I’ll try a bit harder after what I’ve read!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you understate the real situation. When you say:

"I’m glad to see that we are improving in Cambridgeshire but we still have a long way to go."

Surely you mean it is nice to see that the Conservative controlled County Council are the top County Council in the Country for recycling, but we need to do more?