Sunday 19 October 2008

Day Nine - realisation dawns!!

Daily events seem to have overtaken me a bit in the last few days and I finally have a few minutes to sit down and catch up with my blog. The excitement of the forthcoming election hasn’t worn off – but the realisation of all that we need to accomplish over the next few weeks has definitely dawned! I can not stress enough how grateful I am to all the kind people who are offering their help. It's going to make all the difference.

Today I’ve been out looking at the state of pavements in the Ward (how people are expected to navigate with wheelchairs or pushchairs in some areas totally defies me), and seeing where we can hope to make a difference. I’ve also spent the day signing letters to all of the local parish councillors in the ward and our local supporters. I feel very passionately about changes that we can and should make – small differences that will have a huge impact on the quality of peoples’ lives such as the choice regarding speed limits through our villages.

Tomorrow my mother, Beth, arrives to restore a sense of domesticity to our house for a few weeks whilst I have meetings and start to knock on doors and introduce myself to people throughout the ward. I’m keen to hear what you want from your local County Councillor – if elected I am representing you so your views are extremely important to me. Please don’t forget that I can be contacted by email at
fiona.whelan@cambslibdems.org.uk .

An early night tonight – the last I think for many weeks so I shall make the most of it!

No comments: