Friday 21 November 2008

Last week - Friday and Counting

I’ve been sadly remiss in keeping up to date with my blog recently as the days of knocking on doors and attending Parish Council Meetings have been long. However I had a sharp reminder of why I am standing for County Council today. Someone in unbelievable pain, off on long term sick leave, messed about by the benefits agency and without central heating for two months – despite it being the middle of winter and their main problem being lack of mobility.

A slap on the wrist for me for playing hookey for 5 hours when my election agent thought he had tamed me into knocking on doors all day! But …… no one has previously wanted to take responsibility or ownership for this person’s issues and I certainly wasn’t going to add to the list of those that listened sympathetically with one eye on the clock and then disappeared again. I’d like to thank this person for reminding me why I want to be a County Councillor. I want to sort out local issues and get people services that they feel unable to access.

Tomorrow – suitability chastised – I return to knocking on doors and following the schedule – or do I? My election agent thinks so – and will be attempting to keep me in check for the last week!

No comments: